Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Curfew

My kids know there is a certain time that they have to be home by.  They also have a certain time they should be in bed (during school).  Well, Bella still has a bedtime during the summer.
I remember there being a curfew for children under 18.  If we were sitting on our front steps at 10pm, and the police drove by, they would tell us to go inside.  (our parent's knew we were right out front and could probably hear everything we were saying)  Sometimes we would just go in, then when they left, we would come right back out.  Don't tell my children.  They have never heard that part of the story.

So, Nick likes to exercise his independence.  His "be home by 10" sometimes turns into 11.  He says it's because he has to walk home.  His friends don't live that far.  It's definitely not an hour long walk.  Not even 30 minutes.  It's always on a night that I'm REALLY tired.  Because, you know I'm waiting up until he gets home. 

Nick tells me that he misses out on the fun.   Not sure what fun could happen after 10pm.  Well, I used to think the same way, but, when you have to get up in the morning to work, the only thing happening after 10pm is sleep.  And lots of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment