Friday, June 12, 2020

Netflix

The problems started a couple of years ago.  It felt like every time I went on Netflix, someone else was watching at the same time.

A little background.  I signed up with Netflix when it first started.  They sent DVD's through the mail.  They moved into streaming.  I signed up for two streaming devices.  For years my children have asked me to upgrade the plan.  I refused because we only have two TV's.  Why should we upgrade?  Obviously this was before they had computers, tablets, phones, etc.  Flash forward ten years, a few more computers, tablets and kids moving out and only two screens for Netflix just isn't enough.  Unfortunately, someone, the one who is in charge of the Netflix account, refuses to upgrade to four screens!  

Let's dig a little deeper into this problem.

It is very rare for me to just sit down and watch TV.  I'm usually running around during the day.  If I do watch TV, it's usually at night.  One night, I was home, by myself (a rare occasion) and thought I would watch a movie on Netflix.  I logged in, found the movie, pressed "play movie" and get a little message that there are two people watching Netflix right now and do I want to upgrade to four screens?  Let's see.  No one is home and two other people are watching Netflix.  One "user" is my child who is at work.  I know he isn't watching Netflix at work, so, I shoot him a text.  To make a short story long, I find out that two of my kids were giving out our Netflix password to their friends.   

Hey, if you are paying for your Netflix and want to give out your password, then, that's great!  But, if you are paying for it and someone else is giving out your password and that someone else is telling you to upgrade your plan because all of their friends can't watch at the same time  then there's a little problem.

So,  I did  someone did what any normal person would do in this situation.  They changed the password.  When giving out the password to family members, "someone" stressed that this is for their use only.  

All was going smoothly until someone realized that they should probably upgrade the plan.  So, I that someone finally caved and quietly upgraded the plan to four screens and there hasn't been another Netflix problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment