Monday, June 1, 2020

Coronavirus Sucks

This post is long overdue.  I think it's a fitting title with the number of deaths as a result of this virus.    Setting that aside, I have a list of other reasons why Coronavirus sucks.

Because of Coronavirus, I am not able to work.  This can be a good thing because it's more time for me do do things that I want to do.  Although, it is nice to have the extra money to do these things.  

Which leads to..  

Because of Coronavirus a lot of the stores and hotels are closed.  So, now that I have all of this free time, I can't spend it at stores or visit other places.  I have to stay home.

And...

I have to stay home...by myself or with my immediate family.  I can't socialize with friends or extended family unless we are 6 feet apart and wearing a mask.

Because of Coronavirus I could not go visit Nick in Wisconsin (and vice versa).  With all of the unknowns of this virus, it was best if we just stayed home.

Because of Coronavirus, I was not able to visit my Mom when she was in a retirement home.  Understandable because older people are not able to fight off the virus.  But, my Mom had dementia and did not know what was going on or why we did not visit her.  Sadly, my Mom passed away during this quarantine.  Because of Coronavirus we could only have ten people at the cemetery for her funeral.  Her friends and extended family members could not attend.  

Because of Coronavirus, school continued but was all online.  Bella finished 8th grade this year.  You probably didn't know that I walked her to school (almost) every day.  I treasured that time we spent together and felt it would be a great memory for her to look back on when she was older.

I could keep going and I'm sure everyone, including you, could add a few to my list.  And, I'm sure you agree with me when I say, the Coronavirus Sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment