Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Back to Reality

It seems strange to talk about something as normal as going to work.  Work is just part of the norm for most adults.  Some work five days a week, some, seven, while others might only work three or four days.  It becomes part of the routine.  

Wake up.  
Eat.  
Get dressed.  
Go to work.

As I mentioned in my last post, I went back to work on Monday, after being in quarantine for 88 days.  I was living a carefree life, waking up when I wanted, taking extra long walks, performing various tasks around the house, going outside whenever I wanted just for some fresh air.  And then, after 88 days of this fun, carefree living, I was suddenly thrown back into a work routine.

Since people were stuck at home and there was limited activities available during the quarantine,  I figured people would be either really excited or really nervous to leave their house and go shopping.  I had two scenarios in my head on about my first day back at work.  

A)  I would be wandering around the store with a few other employees, bored out of my mind.  Dusting the tops of the clothing racks because that's the only thing I can think of to do since it is so quiet in the store.

B)  The store would be full of people.  Clothes would be flying everywhere.  Long lines of people buying things.  

If you guessed B, then you guessed correctly.  I don't think clothes were flying through the store, though.  I was at the register and there were long lines.  Lots of people had two and three shopping carts full of clothes  (there are a lot of mark downs because we haven't been in the store for 3 months).  Oh, and wearing a mask for five hours is quite painful.  I came home with a huge headache.  

I have to say, during my quarantine, I missed work's music playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment