Thursday, April 23, 2020

Quarantine Day 41

Is it over yet?

Another week has passed.  Time goes by.......so slowly when you are in quarantine.  Have you noticed that too?  I don't even know what day it is, nor do I care.  I think I have hit an all time low. 

On a happier note:  I have stopped whistling "Jingle Bells."  It only took 4 weeks for me to finally stop and I lived to tell the world about it.  That's just about the time when RT started to whistle "Rhinestone Cowboy."  I told him if he started that 6 weeks ago, he wouldn't be here today to tell his side of the story (yes, he stopped).

I finished painting the basement.  I should say, I started painting the basement and I finished painting the basement.  It took two days.  I'm getting pretty good at this painting thing.  I might have to add it to my resume (along with able to whistle annoying songs for long periods of time).  I might need it since I'm on "furlough."

Online school is still happening through the end of the school year.  There will be no Odyssey trip or "Moving On" ceremony (also known as 8th grade graduation).   We will have to plan something here in the yard to mark the occasion. 

RT is still locked in the basement  working at home.

Alex is still confined  in his room.

And, Pippen is still happy everyone is at home with him.  Well, everyone, meaning me.

I'm still hoping there is only one more week of this craziness  isolation nightmare stay at home time.   I would like to get out of the house more (besides my two hour walks around the neighborhood and my hours of yard work).  I should clarify that, out of the house, meaning not doing work in or around the house.  Out in the world, actually experiencing things. 

Here's to hoping this is the last week of quarantine! 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment