Wednesday, December 18, 2019

My Weird Dog

This year we decided to go with the live tree.  Well, is it really a live tree if it's been cut down?  A once living tree?  Or is it a dead tree now?  We got a live dead tree.  Well, you know what I'm trying to say....

My biggest worry was that Pippen would think that we were installing an indoor bathroom for him.  I made sure we bought the tree early in the day so we could keep an eye on him.

Well, of course, we had to run some errands.  RT, who always has my back, sensed my nervousness about the dog and decided to take matters into his own hands.  He grabbed the dog's nail clippers and, using string, tied them from the tree.  Yes.  Like an ornament.

I've mentioned in previous posts about Pippen and his fear of the nail clippers.  How it takes the two of us (sometimes three of us) to pin him down sweet talk him and clip his nails.  You can't even go near the nail clippers with out him getting up and going down into the basement.  If we even talk about cutting his nails, he gets nervous, sometimes hiding his paws.

I, of course, thought RT's plan was brilliant and put it to the test.  I showed Pippen the clippers on the tree.  He took one look, turned and went down into the basement.  I said, "Well, I guess we won't see him until the tree is gone in January."

RT thinks we can now use the nail clippers instead of a dog gate.  Just hang the clippers in the room or area that you want to be dog-free.  Pippen will avoid that room/area until he knows the clippers are gone.

I think it's pretty safe to say that Pippen won't be going near the Christmas tree this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment