Friday, December 6, 2019

Shoe Hoarder

I know I have mentioned in various blog posts about RT and his shoes.  I'll try to fill you in if you missed all of the shout outs  to his shoe hoarding  collection.

Over the years, I have noticed the growing number of shoes that RT has accumulated.  Yes, that includes Dead Guy Shoes.  The shoes have been gathering dust  accumulating by the front door, in the front hall closet and the basement closet.  I find that the shoe obsession  collection is a sore spot.  I ask that the shoes that haven't been worn in the last twenty years  be donated.  Seems reasonable, right?  Unfortunately, this suggestion is not happily received.

Once in a great while, RT will go through his shoes and part with one pair.  We are talking once every five or ten years.

This past summer, we were going through our house and getting rid of things.  I carefully approached RT about his shoe collection.  RT did oblige and three pairs left the house.

Last weekend, RT told me that he needed a new pair of running shoes.  Bella overheard this request for another pair of shoes and immediately said, "No!  You don't need any more shoes.  You have more shoes than Mom and I put together."

They both agreed that RT would get rid of one pair of shoes for every pair purchased.

On the way home from the store, RT was telling me how he recently got rid of a pair of shoes.  Just tossed them in the garbage.  I'm not quite sure if I believe him.  I think he's just saying this so he doesn't have to go through with the whole process of letting go a pair of shoes.

By the way, this all happened last weekend and no shoes have been tossed from our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment