Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2019 - A Year in Review

It's time to take a look back at everything that happened, both good and scary, during the year.

Here are some of the highlights of 2019 on Scary Journey:

We learned that I'm the snow thrower in this family.  We sold our snow blower that we inherited.  I'm hoping that there isn't a huge snow storm.  I'm not sure if I can survive shoveling tons of snow on my own.

I learned about the utensil separator in the dishwasher.  I still use it.

I made a new purse purchase this year.  Still on the look out for the next one. (it pays to start early)

Another 2 or 3 can openers died this year  We didn't name them because we didn't have time.  My kids  child killed them off before we got to know them.

We spent an entire day using the word historic.

We met the cracker snatcher that steals all of Bella's snacks at school.

We made a list of things to do on a rainy day because of all of the rain we were experiencing.

We learned about my obsession with drying unusual herbs.

We got disinvited to a party.

Bella and I are thinking of starting our own show of us driving around and drinking tea.

My daughter listens to 80's music.

We find out that Bella is a tea snob

We talked about Spilling the Tea

You learned about our secret song when out hiking..  Take me Home, Country Roads....

We bought a new popcorn machine and find out I'm addicted to popcorn.

My nail clippers had to enter the witness protection program once again.

We decluttered 25 years worth of shi  stuff

We discover my obsession addiction to corn nuts

Found out my least favorite day of the week (Thursday)

I got a new job!

We watched a little golf this year (I had to go to the car dealer a couple times this year)

My new obsession with freezing everything.  I'm taking after my Mom!

Celebrated Harvey Wallbanger Day.  And, celebrate it a lot more often now that I know how to make them.

Who can forget celebrating World Vinegar Day?  Probably the most important day EVER!

We also talked about my Dad's Compost Pile


We learned lots about RT this year. 

We learned how he gets in Vacation mode and gets up really early on trips

How he went days without coffee when coffeemaker died

We learned about his love for espresso and how he can't have just one...more like 4!

his lucky penny he found on vacation

his fight with next door's landscapers cutting our grass

Proof of his napkin hoarding tendencies when Alex worked with him this summer

Butt texting problems

His famous purchase of Dead Guy Shoes

We learn that he is a Shoe Hoarder.  Oh, and he still hasn't gotten rid of any more shoes..

And his style of wearing "Dad Jeans"


And, we can't forget My Weird Dog!  

His love/hate relationship with cold weather

His need to sleep in our room

Pippen makes an appearance at the vet and loves it there

Pippen and the vacuum cleaner.  Wants to make sure you know that he knows you are vacuuming

Houdini breaks the latch on the front gate.

Can't forget when Pippen got skunked

His fear of the nail clippers

Doesn't like music, or just doesn't like it when I play the piano

His fear of going outside at night because he might get skunked

Stayed away from our Christmas tree thanks to RT and his quick thinking of making the nail clippers into an ornament.


We cooked a little bit this year.  Here are some of the Recipes that we made:

Red Lentil Tomato Soup
Vegan Spanakopita
Quinoa Chocolate Cake
Black Bean Protein Bites
M & M Cookies
Chocolate Chip Blondies
Fettucine Alfredo
Chocolate Pudding (vegan)
Potato Soup
Hamburger Helper
Chocolate Chip Chokies
Chick Pea Tikka Masala
Garlic Naan
Mexican Quinoa Dish

And, sadly, we had a HUGE loss this year

Miss you, Marga!









Thanks for sticking around for all of the craziness.  Looking forward to lots of fun in 2020!


Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment