Sunday, December 15, 2019

International Tea Day

I'm not sure how I missed this holiday.  It should be a HUGE holiday celebration in our house.  Tea for everyone!

International Tea Day has been celebrated on December 15 since 2005* in tea producing countries like Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Kenya, Malaysia and India (just to name a few).  It was started so they could draw attention to global tea trade and the impact on workers and growers with the hopes for price support and fair trade.

*2005 is very fitting because Bella was born in that year.  Maybe that is why she's a tea aficionado?

How to celebrate International Tea Day

How about having a cup of tea?

Try a new brand/flavor of tea

Have a tea party

Research tea brands that support fair trade and (maybe) switch to their brand.  Or try out one of their fair trade teas.

Oh, and when posting to social media, use #InternationalTeaDay to help recognize the day and to educate others about the tea industry.

I'll make sure I mark this date on our calendar for next year.  I know I won't want to miss out!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment