Monday, August 26, 2019

Spill the Tea

I'm a tea drinker.  I think I've established that point in this blog.  I'm not a tea snob, though.  Well, maybe....  I even got Bella into drinking tea.  I think she drinks more tea than I do.  In fact, I have accused her of being a tea snob.  Click here for more on that story.

When Bella started Junior High a couple of years ago, I learned A LOT about girls and how they interact at school, on social media, etc.  It's a lot different than boys.  It's a little different than when I was growing up.  We didn't have social media and texting.  We did things the old fashioned way.  Talking to each other in person, or calling each other on the phone.  A landline phone.  (if you don't know what that is, search it....I'll wait...)

One day, I had to pick Bella up from a friend's house.  I texted her to let her know I was on the way over.  A couple of seconds later, I receive a reply text:  "Don't come now.  They are about to Spill the Tea."

Now, as a tea drinker, you don't want anyone spilling your tea.  Especially if it's your favorite tea!  And, as a Mom, I know I wouldn't want anyone spilling tea in my house.  Think of the mess.  What if it stains the floor, carpet or furniture?  One little cup of tea can cause so much trouble and craziness!

Luckily, I'm hip to the scene and knew that "spill the tea" meant, juicy bit of gossip.

I allowed her to indulge in the spilt tea and picked her up a little later.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Before you get all judgy, I will let you know that I don't encourage gossip.  Bella listens to it and then will set things straight.  She will find out the truth and then tell everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment