Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Unable to reply to comments on Blogger

I thought I would write this post for those of you that are using The Blogger platform and are experiencing difficulty in responding to comments posted on your blog.  

For the past six months, I have been experiencing this issue.  A reader would leave a comment on one of my blog posts and I would type out my reply and press publish and Blogger would direct me to a blank response box.  There I am, back at square one, having to compose my response, once again.  So, of course, I would try responding several more times, thinking that one of my replies would eventually be posted on my blog.  In the end, I would have to stop because of frustration.  Who wants to keep up this never-ending cycle?

It took me awhile (a long while...we're talking months) to realize that Blogger does not like the Safari browser.  You see, I type my posts on my Mac computer and I always use the Safari browser.  

A computer.  A browser.  Everything should work, right?

Wrong.

I decided to try a different browser and guess what?  I was able to respond to comments that were made on my blog.  I was so excited to finally figure out the problem!  I know I was a few months behind on commenting, but, hey!  I was finally able to respond!

I guess I should have realized this a lot sooner since I had trouble using the Blogger app on iPhone.  Blogger never updated the app for iPhone so I had to give that one up.  And now, unable to respond to comments while using Safari.   I guess Blogger doesn't like Mac, Safari and iPhones.

I wasn't sure if this information was out there and thought I would pass along my findings.

I hope this post helps you out!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if Chrome is a problem as well. We will see when I hit the button.

    ReplyDelete