Monday, August 12, 2019

Airbnb

We took a little trip recently and decided to rent an Airbnb.  The place that we stayed in was really nice.  It was an apartment located above a candy store ( a dream come true for RT and Bella).  It had a couple of bedrooms, big living and dining room and a HUGE kitchen.

We stayed in the Airbnb for a few days.  The first day was great.  The kitchen was stocked with plates, glasses, utensils, etc.  and you were able to get a snack or drink whenever you wanted.  All was going great until I realized that the dirty dishes were piling up in the sink.  I looked around the kitchen and noticed that the dishwasher was missing.

It was at that point that my vacation came to a screeching halt.

I realized that I was the designated dishwasher for this trip.  I guess that I shouldn't have been surprised because I'm always the designated dishwasher).

You see, my family still believes in fairy tales.  They believe in the Fairy Clean Mother.  The one who comes in and cleans the house.  She cleans up the messes that they make in the kitchen, family room, etc.  And, of course there's the Dishwashing Fairy.  She comes in and washes all of the dirty dishes in and by the sink.

Sometimes, the dishwashing fairy, I mean, I get fed up with the amount of dirty dishes and refuse to wash them.  Some poor soul feels sorry for me  the Dishwashing Fairy and washes them.  Either that or they think by washing them one time, they are off the hook forever.

So, I decided to do the right thing and wash the dishes.

In the future, let's hope the Dishwashing Fairy goes on vacation with us.

Or maybe we should just pack some paper plates?

No comments:

Post a Comment