Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Vegetarian Diaries - Vegan Challenge

A little over two weeks ago, RT and I decided to do a two week Vegan Challenge.  Eliminating all animal products from our diet.  I thought this would be a lot easier for me, since I'm already a vegetarian.  Turns out that this proved to be a challenge for both of us.

RT experienced head aches for a couple of days.  I thought food was missing something while eating it (probably cheese).  RT did have a few cheats during our challenge.  I did the full two weeks reading labels and making sure that the items I was eating did not contain dairy or animal products.

Overall, I think the challenge went great.  I did eat something (after the challenge) that had some cheese on it (I scraped most of it off).  The cheese didn't taste good to me (strange, huh?).  I don't think I will be as strict as I was for those two weeks, but, I will still continue to somewhat follow a vegan diet.

As for my partner, he's all over the board.  I think he will continue to have some dairy and meat, but, in moderation.

Have you thought about trying a vegan diet?

Would you take a two week challenge just to see how you feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment