Friday, September 15, 2017

My Larry David Moment

Went to the store with Bella to get a couple of things.  We grabbed what we needed and then got in line.  A woman lined up behind us.  After a few minutes, this woman asks me if I could hold her place in line.  I said, where are you going?  She said, "Right here to get a cart."

I don't like being put in this type of situation.  Get your cart and all of your stuff and then get in line!

The whole situation reminded me of Larry David on "Curb Your Enthusiasm."  It's just the type of situation that would happen to him.

Getting back to my story...

Ten minutes goes by and a couple gets in line behind me.  I tell them that I'm holding a spot for someone.  He asks me when "she" will be back.  Of course, I have no idea because she said she was going "right here to get a cart," which I assumed was right there past the register.

The woman finally showed up and thanked me.  I said, "You need to thank the people behind you."

Never again.

Moral of the story:  Get everything you need before you get in line at the cash register or Don't stand behind me in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment