Wednesday, September 13, 2017

My Weird Dog

I have been taking Pippen along on my daily walks.  I still carry a backpack when I walk.  And, now, I have this big, crazy dog along with me.

The first few times we had to cut our walk short because poor Pippen was tired.  It took awhile for him to be able to do my entire walk.

Oh, yea, Pippen feels that it is his job to chase all of the geese from the baseball fields that we walk around.  I only let him loose when there are no other dogs around (he isn't dog friendly).  If I can't let him off the leash, he will stand there and stare at the geese.  He won't move.  We then have to wait until the geese leave (walk or fly away).

I think the geese are starting to recognize him.  We walked down the path towards the big field where the geese are and the majority of the geese started flying away.  He's pretty proud when he scares all of the geese away.  I have started bringing dog cookies with me just for this occasion.  It also helps me make sure that he returns.

He now expects to walk with me every day.  It's our tradition.  In fact, if I let him outside, he waits by the door and will start to cry.

So, now I am the homeless lady that walks around the neighborhood with the big, crazy dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment