Thursday, September 28, 2017

Auto Maintenance

I have two sons who took Auto Maintenance in High School.  They both were in the Auto Club at school.  One son almost became an auto mechanic (enrolled at a school and everything).  he even worked as a mechanic for just under a year.  They are both very knowledgeable about cars.

It's funny how that knowledge and excitement fades when their mother asks them to help her with her car.  

My car needed air in one of the tires and I asked one of the boys to help.  I just got home from work and had to take Bella to dance.  I figured while I put stuff down and away and got ready to head out again, my car tire could be filled with air.

Boy, was I wrong!

One son had to go to work and had absolutely no time to help.  He also said I should be able to do it myself.  

Yes.  I can do it myself, but, why not get some help?

I'm going to have to remember that the next time he asks me, "What's for dinner?"

The other son said, "I just sat down."  

I just got home from work, where I stand during my entire shift.  I wasn't going to sit down while the air was being put in the tire.  I had things I had to get done before I left the house.  

I guess I now have a couple more excuses up my sleeve the next time one of them needs my help.

Oh, and, for the record...I put air in my tire.  I was also a couple minutes late getting Bella to dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment