Tuesday, July 25, 2017

My Garden

Every year, I plant two gardens.  Why two?  Because our yard isn't set up to have one huge garden.  Maybe my next home.

Each year, I set the gardens up, mixing plants, so I have more companion gardening.

This year, I tried zucchini again.  I think it was last year, where we ended up pulling the entire plant out of the garden because it was growing but not producing anything.  This year, the zucchini is in the other garden (mistake #1) and has grown to the point that it needs its own zip code.  When we returned from vacation, we picked seven zucchinis.  The plant was crowding out some of my pepper plants, so, I trimmed it back.

I've made Zucchini Chocolate Cake, Zucchini Chocolate Chip bread, Zoodles, Zucchini spears (a thumbs down on this one) and cheese zucchini bites (recipe to come soon).  I have a lot of shredded zucchini in the freezer for future use.

It has gotten  to the point that I don't want to set foot in the garden because there will probably be another 5 or 6 zucchinis there waiting to be picked.  I have a serious fear of the zucchini plant.  I mean, I like zucchini, but, after the last month of zucchini in everything, I think I'm cured of it.

If you are in need of zucchini, let me k now.  I can set you up with one or five.

Otherwise, the family will need your prayers during this difficult time to help them get through meal time.

No comments:

Post a Comment