Monday, July 24, 2017

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread

So, we return from vacation, and my zucchini plant seems to have gone a little crazy.  We picked 7 zucchini's!  I gave away two of them.  Nick made some grilled zucchini with melted cheese and an egg on top (it was pretty good).  I made some zucchini noodles and Zucchini Chocolate Cake.

Since I have so much extra zucchini, I thought I would go in search for a fun zucchini bread to make and bring to the nurses at home that my Mom is staying.  I found this great recipe on ChefSavvy for Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread and made it for the nurses at the home where my Mom is staying.  It turned out to be a big hit!  Check out the pictures and recipe!



Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Found recipe here


Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup shredded zucchini
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:

Oven to 350F
Grease a loaf pan and set aside.

In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together and set aside.
In a smaller bowl, mix egg, oil, sugars, yogurt and vanilla.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix.
Add zucchini and chocolate chips and gently mix.
Pour into loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.  Remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

*my recipe shows the reduced amount of sugar that I used (and it still tastes great!)


If you make this Zucchini Bread, let me know what you think!

Enjoy!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment