Wednesday, May 31, 2017

My Weird Dog

I think this is just going to be an ongoing post about my weird dog, Pippen.

I mentioned several weird dog posts ago how Pippen likes to barge into our bedroom in the middle of the night.  RT has taken to locking our bedroom door.  Several nights in a row, we would wake and hear Pippen trying to open our door.  We would tell him to, "Go Na nee." (Na-nee in Greek means to go to sleep) (yea, the dog knows Greek)  He will then turn around and go back downstairs.  One night, I woke up around midnight and heard this awful sound.  I thought it came from one of the boys (who are usually roaming the house at night).  As I listened, I realized that it was the dog crying.  He didn't even bother to come upstairs.  He knew the door would be locked.  I felt sorry for him and let him come into our room.

Another night, Alex heard Pippen outside our bedroom door.  He was pacing and then finally went up by their rooms.  He walked into Bella's room and then paced the hall.  He was ready to open Alex's door, but, Alex said, "Go Na nee."  Pippen then turned around and went downstairs.

On several occasions, when RT goes to sleep on the couch, that's when Pippen gets up and goes into our room.  RT has caught him a few times.

Poor Pippen.  He's such a Momma's boy.


Pippen has stopped his nightly visits.  I'm sure they will start again soon.  Especially if there's a thunderstorm.

No comments:

Post a Comment