Monday, May 15, 2017

Poison Water

Awhile back I wrote about my weird dog and his fear of drinking water.  I can put fresh water in his water bowl and he won't drink it.  He waits awhile (some say for it to settle).  My theory is that he thinks everyone is out to poison him.

We go for walks and people put out water bowls for dogs.  Pippen looks at them, gets close to sniff them, but then walks away.  He can be hot, tired, panting foaming at the mouth and he will not drink the water.

RT and I took him for a walk the other day.  It's been raining quite a bit here.  Some areas have puddles, even in the grass.  While walking, we passed a nice bowl of clean water.  Pippen sniffed the water and walked away.  He was already foaming at the mouth hot and panting.  I tried to get him to drink the water but he wouldn't get near it.  We continued our walk to the baseball fields.  We walked by some large puddles in the grass/mud and my weird dog Pippen decides this water is safe to drink and starts lapping it up.

Yes.  We stopped him.

And, yes.  When we got home, he refused to drink the cold, fresh, clean water that was provided for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment