Wednesday, May 3, 2017

The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Updated to modern times as:  The Girl Who Cried Sick

My child has been complaining of a "stomach ache" on and off for a couple few weeks months now.  I have even told the school that she has to make it through the day.  She has been to the Doctor and there is nothing wrong with her.

Yesterday, after hearing about me complain about a bad head/neck ache, she woke up (crying) telling me her head hurt and she felt like she was going to throw up.

Me, being the perfect mom, told her to suck it up and go to school.   I even drove her to school telling her the story of the Boy who Cried Wolf.

Around 2:00 pm I received a call from the school health office.  My child was in there with a fever of 102.5F.  The child visited the health office several times during the day (once to take a nap).  An aide in the classroom felt the child's head and said she might have a fever.  The Health Office tried to cover their tracks and say that she didn't have a fever until that time.  Turns out they didn't check her temperature until that time.  (I don't blame them..considering the child's track record and world's record for number of office visits in one school year)

I did accept my Parent of the Year Award yesterday (for not checking my child's temperature first thing in the morning).  This has also served as a lesson to said child.

Moral of the story:  Don't pretend you are sick all of the time because no one will believe you when you really are sick.

Let's hope the child has learned her lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment