Friday, May 26, 2017

Hiking or Homeless?

I know I've mentioned that I go for long walks every morning.  This summer we plan on taking a trip to Colorado and conquering Mt. Sherman (and, of course, some other smaller hikes).

In order to prepare for our trip, I have been walking the neighborhood carrying my backpack full of cans (beans and pineapple).

I get quite a few strange looks, but, no one has come right out and asked me about my backpack.

I mentioned all of this to RT.  I told him because I was afraid someone might mention to him that they saw me walking around looking homeless and carrying a backpack.  I say that because my walking clothes aren't fancy workout clothes, they are usually worn out shirts/shorts/pants/sweatshirts.

My walks have become longer.  Even though it's flat here, it isn't easy with all of the extra weight I'm carrying.  On the plus side, I think I lost some weight...which is a good thing.

With the longer walks and the extra weight I'm carrying, I might need to stop and build up my strength.  I picture myself sitting on the path with a little camp fire, eating some pineapple (it's the only one I can open without a can opener).  It's either that or I'm turning into Forrest Gump and walking across America.

If I go the Forrest Gump route, I might need to load up on food and water, though.

And, maybe a can opener.

No comments:

Post a Comment