Wednesday, December 2, 2015

The Cupcake Tradition

I believe I have mentioned it before about our birthday tradition.  When I make a cake for the kids birthday, I make an extra cupcake and bring that to them in the morning.  I sing happy birthday to them and let them make a wish and blow out the candle.  It's a special time that I get with them first thing on their birthday.  The birthday child then gets to eat the cupcake for breakfast.

I mention this because today is Nick's birthday.  I made him a cake along with a cupcake.  I put a little post it note on the cupcake plate that read:  Do not touch!  This is Nick's birthday cupcake!

I'm pretty famous around here for my notes.  They are usually very loving notes that say sweet things like,

"Don't touch this!"
"This is not for you!"
"Stay away!"
"Hands off!"

And, of course, my most loving note that I put on things:

"NO!"

You see, last year, I made an extra cupcake and RT decided to eat it.  When I asked about it, he said he saw the cupcake there and ate it.  I told him that it was Nick's cupcake for his birthday.  He felt bad about eating it.  Nick was OK with what happened and the rest of the birthday went without problems.

RT saw the note this year and said, "Oh, yeah, didn't I eat his cupcake last year?"

No comments:

Post a Comment