Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The Bad Receiver

This is an appropriate time of year for me to write this post.  Lots of gift giving going on this month.  Lots of gifts being delivered from the North Pole on Christmas, too.

This holiday, RT has told me that the kids put a lot of thought into their gifts for me.  He went on to say that I need to be a "better receiver."

I'm not sure where to start, so I guess I'll just start at the beginning.

Hi.  I'm Fontaine and I'm a bad receiver when it comes to getting gifts.  I don't know when this started. I'm very happy when I get a gift.  I show appreciation.  I teach my children to appreciate all the gifts that they receive.  Also that the person took time to pick out a special gift just for them.  And, that they should respond by being kind, grateful and thankful.  I think my downfall is feeling that the person shouldn't have gone to all that trouble.

RT will tell you that I return everything he buys me.  He jokes that he is going to buy me something really expensive, return it and give me the return receipt just to save me the trouble.

Maybe I think too much as a receiver.

Maybe I just need to live in the moment that the giver is creating and accept the gift.

Maybe I should just stop being a bad gift receiver.

No comments:

Post a Comment