Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Homemade Hot Chocolate

I know.  You see recipes for homemade Hot Chocolate all over the Internet.  But, you have to admit, it makes a great gift for someone this time of year (it's about 7 degrees F as I write this post).

I made the mix and had several cups of hot chocolate made so I could take some pictures, but, they all disappeared.  I was a little bummed, but, I took it as a good sign when all of the mugs came back empty.  :)

Here's a picture of my cup of hot chocolate.  (not as exciting as the four mugs I made)
 

Try making it yourself.  It's really easy to make.  Here's the recipe:

Hot Chocolate Mix
 
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup cocoa
2 1/2 cups powdered milk
2 teaspoons of cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt
 
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.

To use:  add 1/4 cup of hot chocolate mix in your cup.  Pour in hot water and stir.

Seal the rest in an airtight container.

(you can also use warm milk instead of water)


The best thing about gifting Hot Chocolate is making it look festive. 

A couple of ideas:

Put the hot chocolate in a bag and put inside a nice mug.  Maybe add a small bag of marshmallows.

Put the hot chocolate in a glass jar and tie a pretty ribbon around the jar.

I purchased a package of cone shaped bags and added the hot chocolate.  I put some marshmallows on top and tied it off.
 
hot chocolate gift
 
hot chocolate gift with mug

Don't forget to add a pretty tag with instructions!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment