Friday, December 13, 2013

Twine Napkin Holders

I thought I would add these twine napkin holders to my week of homemade gifts.  An easy, homemade, inexpensive gift.

I purchased these beautiful avocado green shower curtain rings for next to nothing.  Yea, I was wondering why they didn't just give them to me.  I mean, who has avocado green in their house decor? 

I took some twine and hot glue and transformed them into some pretty napkin holders.  I had a little help from my sidekick Bella.  She was a little nervous about messing up.  I said she will do wonderfully.  And, she did.

This isn't a difficult project and it is very inexpensive to make. 

Supplies needed:
shower curtain rings
twine (ribbon, washi tape, material)
hot glue

Bella and I used twine. 

This is pretty simple.

Cut a good length of twine.  Place a small amount of hot glue on the inside and put the end of the twine down and apply a small amount of pressure. 
 

Wind the twine around the ring, adding hot glue to the inside every so often.  Make sure the twine is tight, you don't want the avocado green peeking through.  When you are done, hot glue the end so it is on the inside of the ring.
 

If you want, you can embellish the napkin ring by gluing on a button, a leaf or fancy jewel.

This is a project that a child can do (with help).  Bella helped me make a few napkin holders.  I had to handle the hot glue gun, but, she did a great job with wrapping the twine. 

I know we did a good job. 
 

Nick came over to me and said that they were cool.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment