Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Homemade Lotion Bars

I am loving my homemade lotion that I make.  The last time I made it I used Cocoa Butter and I think I like it a lot better.  It's not as greasy as the Shea butter.  It seems to soak in a lot faster.   If you want to view the recipe, click HERE.

My problem is when I'm out and about and need to put some lotion on my hands.  The cold weather seems to dry my hands out pretty quickly and bringing my big glass jar with me everywhere might prove to be a bit difficult (unless I get a larger purse?).  So, I thought why not make a lotion bar so I can bring it with me. 

Why am I adding this post this week?  Because a lotion bar made of natural ingredients makes a wonderful holiday gift for that someone special.  That someone special might just be you, so, make an extra for yourself! 

I got this recipe from Crunch Betty.  You can visit her website by clicking here.  She has some cool things on her site.  Look around. 

I'm not going to go into all the details with lots of pictures.  Crunchy Betty did a great job with pictures and step by step instructions.

Here's the recipe:

Simple Lotion Bar Recipe

Equal parts of:  beeswax, shea butter, and sweet almond oil (or any other carrier oil your heart desires)*

15 drops essential oil of your choice (optional)

*I used cocoa butter (because that is what I had on hand and I like how it turned out in my last batch of homemade lotion)
 

You knew it would be a heart shaped lotion bar, didn't you?  What other shape would I make?

I have to say I love them!  I don't have a tin to keep my lotion bar in.  I have been putting it in a plastic snack bag so it doesn't get all over the inside of my purse. 


If you make them, let me know how yours turn out.  I would love to hear about it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm dying to make the lotion. I'm just waiting to get the ingredients... (Tom, hint, hint...)

    ReplyDelete