Thursday, December 12, 2013

Homemade Note cards

Today we are making homemade (handmade?) note cards.  I'm cheating a little.  The cards are already made.  They are blank cards with envelopes that you can find at Michael's in the dollar bin. 

So, I guess we are done for the day....

Oh, right.  We should probably pretty them up. 

This is another great gift to make for someone. It's also a great gift that a child can make for someone.  (PSSST!  Makes a great Secret Santa gift, too!)

I enlisted my favorite side kick, Bella, to help me with this process.  She's artsy and would get a kick out of making some cards for someone. 

I took a stab at making a couple of cards myself.  I used a punch and punched all around the outer edges of the card.  I decided to add some red paper underneath it to make it stand out a little. 

                                       
On the second card, I used the same punch and only punched down one side of the card


At this point, I let my sidekick jump in and take this all to another level.  I told her there were no limits to what she could do to the card. (scary thought)  I told Bella that the cards were to be given as gifts so someone else can use them when they want to send a note (or letter).  Bella didn't understand why anyone would want a card that didn't say anything inside it.  She said her friends would think it was weird that she didn't write inside the cards.  I then had to go into this long explanation about blank cards. 

Once that 4 hour conversation about blank cards finished, I let Bella release her inner creative self and do some work on the boring blank cards.  I think she did pretty good.
 
decorative note cards

All set and ready to be gifted. 
Not to Bella's friends, tho.  They will think it's weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment