Friday, April 13, 2012

Earth Day Project - Frog Puppet

For our Daisy troops earth day project we made frogs out of brown paper lunch bags.  We can use them as hand puppets to pick up any garbage that we see when we are outside.  We talked about how we can reuse (certain) items and other items (if they have the recycle symbol) can be recycled.  I got my idea for this project from here.

What you need:
Brown Paper lunch bag
green and red construction paper
glue
black marker

I drew frog arms and legs.  Yes.  Me.  Draw.  Free form drawing, too.  Impressed?  (I'm the person that draws stick figures for people)  So, don't be afraid to try.  If I can do this, anyone can do it!  I drew my templates on white paper

then traced them onto the green construction paper.  Draw some ovals and circles for spots.  I made a larger oval for the eyes.
can you see the pencil markings?

AHHH!  FROG PARTS!
I had to make pieces for 12 of these crafts
and I'm still sane (I think)

 Glue your frog parts onto the bag.  MAKE SURE that you are on the flap side!  (the spots do not have to be in any order)
For the eyes I bent part of the oval and glued that down so the eyes would pop out.  (Don't forget to draw the eye on it!)

Draw a tongue on the red construction paper.  This is to be glued under the flap so make sure your frog's tongue is long enough (I think this one is 7 1/2 inches long)  Glue onto bag (starting under the flap)

  and....you're done!


Time to get out there and do your part for our earth!