Saturday, April 21, 2012

HomeMade Stain Remover

I call it Home made Shout.  You can call it whatever you want.  The stuff works (for me) and you use items that you have around the house.   I took this recipe from here.

What you need:

2/3 cup Palmolive (or Dawn) dishwashing soap
2/3 cup ammonia
6 Tablespoons of Baking Soda
4 cups warm water

ok, for a cloudy day, it sure looks sunny in these pictures!
Measure out your ingredients
place in bowl and mix
Make sure you mix well.  You want to make sure that the baking soda is not just one big clump

The original recipe calls for 2 cups of warm water.  This was TOO thick.  I wasn't happy with it so I added 2 more cups of water.  You can try with just 2 cups of water and see how it works for you.  Let me know what you think.

yes, I used a permanent marker on that bottle!
Pour your mixture into a spray bottle and label it.  You can use a prettier label.  I used what was on hand (my trusty ol' sharpie marker)  I get a lot of use out of that marker, don't I?  This might fill more than one bottle.  I poured the rest into my old shout spray bottle.


Now you're armed and ready to attack those stains!
Well, I'm off to do some laundry!