Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pilates

Or as RT says, Pie lates.

Just started doing pilates.  I use Comcast's fitness TV and their free workouts.  This week, the yoga workouts have the instructor that I do not care for, so, thought I would give pilates another shot.  (my first try wasn't that great)  I have figured out that it all depends on the instructor.  If you don't like the instructor, you are not going to have a great experience.

So, after a few days of doing pilates, I am a little sore.  This morning, I thought I would start with an arm workout(since my legs and abs are a little sore).  I start doing this quick little workout that started out REALLY emphasizing legs.  I thought it's probably just a warm up.  Finally, we do a few arm circles, and, then it's over.  I could have done the arm circles on my own, thank you very much.  I read the description again and realized it said  "Leg and Arm Toner."  I got the leg part, but, a few arm circles?  I don't think it did much for my arm tone.

One of the workouts that I did had a similiar movement that almost looks like the plow in yoga.  This is a move my friend, Patti, talks about doing.  I thought I'd better wait a little before trying that move.  I don't want to throw my back out.  I think my biggest fear would be ending up in the plow position and never being able to get out of it.   I would have to live out the rest of my life on our basement floor. 

Incase you are wondering, there are no pictures to go with this post.  I don't think I am that coordinated to take a picture of myself while attempting odd positions.  And, to get RT to take them for me, well, he probably wouldn't be able to control his laughter, so, the pictures would probably be all blurry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment