Sunday, February 19, 2012

You had the power the whole time

I hate wearing gym shoes, unless I am working out or doing something athletic.  There.  I said it.  I feel so much better now.

Today RT, Bella and I went to the Morton Arboretum.  RT went and did his own thing while Bella and I went through the children's area.  If you are planning on doing a lot of walking, you wear the proper shoes for the occaision, right?  I used to own some hiking shoes that were normal.  Now, when I do anything that requires a lot of walking, I have to wear these REALLY WHITE gym shoes.  Did I mention that I hate wearing gym shoes?  When I wear gym shoes, especially when they are so white (they are really old, by the way, I don't think they have much traction on the bottom of them) I feel like they just jump out and scare people.


see what I mean?

showing a little skin there
the black socks probably don't help, either, but, I was wearing black shoes earlier in the day and really didn't feel like changing my socks (hey, I'm the one who has to do the laundry!)

But, hey, my feet will thank me later, when they don't ache, for wearing these shoes.  They may not recover from the reputation damage, especially with those black socks, but, at least they won't be in pain.

My daughter, on the other hand, decides that sparkly flats (that are a little too big on her) are perfect for this outing.  She can't run in them, but, she can skip (and we did a lot of skipping).  She said that they are light and airy and her feet won't get hot.  (who wants to hear their feet complaining about how hot they are)  And, nevermind that it is hard to climb on ropes and rocks.  At least they sparkle and are light and her feet won't "sweat."  (her word, not mine)


We started off our journey with Joy, the Gnome

Joy was the name of one of the founding family members
There are 13 of these gnomes hidden throughout the children's area

There were a few of these jokes


Bella and I liked another one:
What was the riddle that the little Oak tree told to the Big Oak tree?
A-corny joke
Acorn?  Oak tree, a corny joke
Ok, well, we thought it was funny

rope climbing looks a lot better with sparkly shoes

Bella started acting up, so I put her in the Dog house



It started to get a little chilly, so, we headed back inside the visitor center.  That's where we started reading about chocolate and where it comes from and how it has been used throughout the years (as currency, drinks, food, etc.)  I decided that I plan on living in one of the red highlighted regions and just living on chocolate for the rest of my life.


obviously, once in the visitor center, we now HAVE to visit the restroom.  And, yes, of course, I had to take a picture.  (where is that crazy button again?)

sung to "Row, row, row your boat"
Yes, I actually sang this outloud in the bathroom
Problem is, the water was ICE COLD!

From there, we decided to climb the tree house (just a deck around a tree)
it's a nice view

tried to get lost in the hedge maze

went back in the visitor center to warm up

called RT and waited for him to pick us up out front



Looking forward to doing this again
(hopefully in different shoes)

No comments:

Post a Comment