Sunday, February 12, 2012

Midnight Madness

So, I wake up at 3am (a little before my time) and I start wondering if we brought Newton inside.  Newton puts himself to bed every night anywhere between 7 and 8 pm.  His beds: one is a dog pillow in the family room, the other is an old comforter in the basement.  Once he has decided he is in bed, you can not get him to move (i.e., go outside).

I got up and went downstairs and found Newton laying on his pillow.  Good thing.  It was a cold night.  I realized I forgot to close the curtains.  Something I do that I feel keeps the cold air from coming inside (not so sure if it's true or not, but, I still do it).  I start closing the curtains and realize RT left his car on the street.  No ticket......yet.

I go upstairs to throw on some heavier clothes so I can move the car.  Of course, as I am doing this, I am imagining a police officer pulling up and writing a ticket. (which would be just my luck)  I make it outside and move the block of ice car into the driveway.  Success!

As I am getting into bed, RT says, "everything alright?"  I laugh and say, "I'll tell you in the morning."  He said he is awake now, so, I tell him the story.  I said, the funny part is, what if  a police officer already passed our house and saw the car in the street and passes by later and it's in the driveway.  They'll think they're losing it.

I was trying to fall back asleep, but, I was writing this entry in my head (note to self:  Keep paper and pen in bathroom for middle of the night musings).  All of a sudden, a watch alarm goes off.  It's 3:30am.  It's Alex's watch, but, RT has been wearing it.  Not sure why the alarm is set for 3:30am.  Maybe so you don't miss those important meetings that always occur at that time. 

Tonight I will make sure that the dog is inside, the car is in the driveway, the curtains are closed and the watch is far from our bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment