Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thrifting Finds

Hung out at the thrift store today (Salvation Army).  Well, didn't hang out there ALL day, just for a little bit.  I find it easier to go places when I don't have others with me telling me about their level of boredom.  It's not every day that I can get away and goof off on my own.  There is usually some sort of tracking device that is hidden on me, and when I want to wander off, my cell phone rings and I am guided back to reality.  Today, that device somehow malfunctioned and I was off the radar for a couple hours.  (I probably shouldn't be broadcasting this because I'm sure it will somehow make it back to those in charge and I might not get another chance to do this again)

My finds for the day:

Not a great background for my picture.  I will try harder next time.  I'm lovin' the aluminum tray.  Will probably put it on the coffee table.  With what, I don't know.  I haven't thought that far ahead.  :)  If I ever do, I'll take a picture and show you. 

Thought the patriotic bowl was cool.  That seems to be a favorite with everyone here. 

I thought the green glass would be something that everyone would fight over.  I got strange looks when I showed everyone. 

In between those two items is my favorite.  I thought this pedestal bowl was pink in the store.  I knew it was dirty because my brother called me while I was in the store and I had to put all of this stuff down (Yea, I could have gotten a cart, but, that would have been the easy way, why would I want to do that?) and I realized that this bowl was sticky.  When I got home and washed it, as you can see, it is clear.  I still love it! 

The last item is a glass jar.  My friend, Patti keeps talking about all of the cool glass jars she finds.  I'm jealous!  I had one use for this jar but I don't think it's going to work.  RT thought it should be used as a candy jar.  We don't have candy around the house, so, I think I'll put almonds in it.  Probably a little healthier than candy.

Well, that was my fun for the day.  I'm already planning my next escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment