Friday, June 16, 2023

Retail Problems

 I keep thinking that I am going to run out of stories and then I go to work.

This day I was working as a cashier.  It was crazy.  Long lines.  No bagger to help me.  I had this one customer come through my line.  I rang up her stuff and bagged the items.  I even walked around and put them in her cart.  The customer leaves.  I continue with my line for the next twenty minutes.  All of a sudden, she comes up to my register (the opposite way, not as a customer) and starts accusing me of stealing her groceries.  I must have had a look of shock on my face.  The woman went a little crazy, telling me that I stole all of her groceries.  When I realized that she was serious, I said, "I don't have your groceries.  I bagged them and put them into your cart.  There's nothing at my register and nothing in my apron.  I wouldn't steal someone's groceries."  She huffed and went back into the store to shop.

I made sure I let the store manager know what happened, in case they have to check the security tapes.

In case you are wondering, this is a regular customer.  You might remember my story about her showing me her phone as her ID card.  She now makes sure to come to my line when I am ringing (oh, lucky me).  The other cashiers call her my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment