Friday, June 9, 2023

Garage Sale

 We just went through another major decluttering event.  The decluttering has been an ongoing occurrence.  I'm always (trying) to get rid of stuff.  The motivator behind this event was a subdivision garage sale.

Yes, I know.  I said that I would never have another garage sale.  I think I said that after the last two sales.  I don't enjoy sitting around for 6 hours and making fifty cents (OK, it might be more like $10).  I would rather just drive it to the donation center and move on with my life.

The community garage sale sounded like a good thing.  Lots of other houses involved.   People can drive around and hit quite a few sales.  And, maybe we will actually sell something.

The sale was on the hottest days (of course).  We don't have any shade in our driveway in the afternoon, so, yea, that was fun.  My goal was to only have to make one trip to the donation center.   

I am happy to say that I survived the sale.  I got rid of quite a bit (only one donation trip).  I kept RT from telling people to, "Get off my property!"  And think that if I ever have the hare-brained idea of having a garage sale, feel free to lock me up and throw away the key I would definitely join in on the subdivision sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment