Monday, June 19, 2023

Fun Words to Say

 Do you ever look at a word and think, "that's a fun word to say/use!"?  

I thought I would list some fun words for you to use during every day conversations.  

Here we go:

bamboozled
flabbergasted
discombobulated
shenanigans 
lollygag
malarkey
kerfuffle
brouhaha
nincompoop
skidaddle
flatulent
poppycock
whippersnapper
gobbledygook

Believe it or not, I use a few of those words (and find them quite fun).

Here are a few words I found that I'm going to add to my vocabulary:

pooter - special jar for collecting small insects

snollygoster -politician guided by personal advantage

hornswoggle - to trick

barbigerous - bearded
  
That last one is great since I have a barbigerous son.

How many of these words are already in your vocabulary?

Can you think of any more fun words to add to the list?

2 comments:

  1. I was just saying the other day how much fun it is to say bamboozled!!! Other words that need to come back into common usage: circumjacent... codswallop... callipygian... boondoggle... eskimo... There are some great German words, too, like... Futterneid... Treppenwitz... Schnappsidee... (I've had lots of those...) Erkenntnisspaziergang... Flughafenbegrussungsfreude... (I think I spelled that right ;) You're probably thinking I'm the biggest backpfeifengesicht by now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I love it! And I am flabbergasted at all of your fun words!

      Delete