Monday, March 1, 2021

Cardio with Curly

 Curly's arrival has brought many scary  weird  interesting experiences to our home.  We were used to all of the weirdness that surrounded Pippen.  Add in another weird  dog and, well, life here can be quite chaotic  challenging interesting.

Curly lived with my in-laws.  She's pretty laid back and adapted to whatever life threw at her.  When she moved in with us, she was quite overwhelmed with all of the people in our house. Running from room to room, making sure she didn't miss anything.  

I'm usually the first person awake in the morning.  If it's too early, the dogs will ignore me.  At some point in the morning, I will hear the sounds of a dog about to be sick (I'm trying to put this in gentle terms for those with weak stomachs).  This always occurs in my dining room.  The carpet in my dining room is one of my favorite things in our home.  It's also the place where my dogs think they can be sick.  When I hear the awful sound, my heart starts pumping and I'm running around trying to figure out which dog and where this might be going down.  Of course, it's always in the dining room and the dog is on my carpet.

I really think there needs to be a video attached to this post for you to laugh at me running around like a crazy lady  understand the seriousness of the situation.  My main goal is to get the dog off that carpet.  It's a lot easier to clean up a hardwood floor.  It's even better if I can get them outside.

The sick one is always Curly.  And, she doesn't understand that I'm trying to move her off the carpet.  She will go around the table several times (with me chasing her).  I will finally move her into the kitchen, where she will settle by my throw rugs.  Again, oblivious to my, "only on the floor" pleas.  After chasing her around the kitchen, I finally get her outside, only to have to chase her down the deck.  The entire time I'm yelling, "Oh no!  Oh no!  Not there!  Oh no!  Oh no!  Not there!"  

My family is no help.  They know what's happening and just leave me on my own.

When Curly is finally outside, I come in and my heart is racing.

This happens in the morning several times a week.  I'm beginning to think my family is bribing Curly to make sure that I get in a good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment