Wednesday, March 17, 2021

When You Work in Retail

 I have a few more funny weird  strange  stories to record.  Just some interesting incidents that happened at work that can't be classified as Karen stories.  I found them to be amusing and thought I would share them with you.  Here we go:

During my stint as a Walmart greeter:

A customer walks in to the store.
Me:  Hello.  How are you?
Customer: Right now?
Me:  Sure.  How are you right now?
Customer:  I don't know.  And, I don't think I want to know.

A customer walks into the store:
Me:  Hello
Customer:  Thank you.

A customer walks into the store.
Me:  Hello
Customer:  No kissing because of Covid.
Me:  I'm not afraid of Covid.

Same customer as he's leaving, handing me his shopping cart:
Customer:  Now, remember, no licking the carts.
Me:  Aww, you just ruined my fun for the day!

Every week like clockwork, there is a woman who pulls up and hauls a large trash bag (or three) and tosses it into the public trash can in front of our store.  She drives a nice SUV so I'm assuming she has a home.  I'm not sure what the attraction she has with public dumping.  Does she get a thrill from it?  Maybe she's trying to hide something?  A shopping addiction?  Scratch off tickets?  An addiction?  A drinking problem?  Corn nut addiction?

A woman came in to the store, her first time visiting.  I started describing the store to her.  She told me that she wanted to discover the store on her own.  As she was leaving, I noticed she made a purchase.  I told her I was happy she found something today.  She told me I was very sweet and if I say the word, she will go get me a cup of coffee.  I politely declined and thanked her and told her that she was my new best friend.

And, I will leave you with this last story.

I was at the register and asked the customer to press the red button on the pin pad.  The customer told me that he didn't want to press the button because of germs (we have hand sanitizer and we clean the pin pads between customers).  When I tell him the total of his purchase he pulls out his wallet and proceeds to hand me dirty  cash to pay for his transaction.  He told me to keep the change ($0.01) and left without using any hand sanitizer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment