Monday, March 29, 2021

The Group Chat

 The group text or group chat usually consists of a fun bunch of people all talking about the exciting things they are planning.

I found out about a text group by accident.  I was a little hurt that I was not included.  After hearing about the conversations that happen during this text, it's probably better that I'm the outsider.

Nick came home for one of his short  visits.  As he was standing in the kitchen he said, "Oh, good.  The dishes are done."  I thought, that was an odd statement to make and asked why he was so concerned about the dishes.  This is when the group text was introduced to me.

RT created a group text with the kids.  I was jealous that I wasn't included.  Admit it.  Doesn't a group chat with your kids just scream fun?  It's like a secret group.  I can just imagine the excitement that they were planning.  I want in on all of this fun!  

Nick informed me that the group text was not fun and exciting.  In fact, it was the opposite of fun.  The group text is where RT tells them things like,  "someone better wash the dishes before Mom comes home from work."  He's probably right.  That doesn't exactly scream fun.  I do like that, in a way, I am a part of it (the reason they have to clean up).

I am also happy that the dishes were done.  Thanks, honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment