Friday, May 15, 2020

My Weird Dog

I am beginning to realize that I don't need a weather app on my phone when it comes to finding out when it will rain.

Pippen loves hanging out on the back deck.  Oh, yea, he isn't allowed in the yard because he tends to tear up the grass.  I got tired of hearing RT complain about the grass, so, Pippen is only allowed on the back deck or on the side yard.

Anyway...

One minute Pippen is having a great time on the deck, sunbathing, sleeping or crazy barking when other dogs walk by our house the next thing you know, he's laying by the back door.  That can mean one of two things.  Either he's weirded out by the landscapers (he isn't a fan of lawnmowers or loud sounds) or it's going to rain.

A couple of days ago, I was checking the weather and noticed that thunderstorms were going to hit us during the early morning hours the next day.  I figured I would just let Pippen sleep in our room (so I don't have to hear him crying at 3am). 

Around 7pm, Pippen started acting weird.  Following me around, hanging in the corner of the family room or hiding by my bed.  And then I remembered the storms that were approaching the next morning.  I'm not sure how he can sense these things.  He has been spot on with approaching storms on many occasions.  I'm thinking of contacting the weather channel.  I think he would make a great addition to their team, especially when it comes to predicting thunderstorms.

No comments:

Post a Comment