Monday, May 18, 2020

Time

Another post about my bedroom clock.  The clock is fine.  It's working wonderfully with just enough brightness at night.  I'm very happy with my clock selection.

My question to you is, do you set any of your clocks ahead?  Say, five or ten minutes ahead? 

For years our bedroom clock has always been set ahead.  And, not something easy like five or ten minutes.  It's usually 7 minutes or 13, 14 or even 17 minutes ahead.  So, when you wake up in the morning (or even the middle of the night) you have to do math in your head just to figure out the time.  Nothing like trying to subtract seventeen from the time on the clock at 3am.

And, before you start praising my effort on intellectual efforts and strategies, I must mention that this is all thanks to RT and his grand master plan.

The upside is that I do arrive places (like work) a lot earlier than expected.  I usually think I'm running late only to arrive 20-30 minutes earlier than I am scheduled.  The down side is that I arrive a lot earlier at places and find myself sitting in the car for 20 minutes.

One day, I looked at the clock, did my subtraction and figured I had some time.  Only to find out later that I somehow lost time and my day was thrown off.  I found out later that RT set the clock at the correct time without telling me.  Our clock has always been set ahead for over 25 years and he decided that it was a good time to set it to the actual time.  Oh, and forget to mention it to me.

So, I did what any normal person would do in this situation.  I set the clock fifteen minutes ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment