Wednesday, May 6, 2020

My Clock

I thought it was about time to give everyone a little update on my clock situation.

I started researching clocks after my last post.  I figured it's going to take awhile for me to analyze all of the clocks out there.

As I was doing my clock research, Bella pointed out that I read all of the bad reviews first.  I replied that I get a pretty good idea of how the clock operates by some of these reviews.

"The clock loses time"
"The clock is too bright"
"This clock is garbage."

Of course, all of the clocks that I looked at had bad reviews.  One bad review and it's back to researching.

Bella finally asked me, "What's wrong with your clock?"   I explained the brightness issue (too bright in our room at night).  She didn't really see a problem so I had to bring her to my room and show her.  I also showed her the directions that tell you how to change the brightness (if you follow the directions that are given, you end up changing the time on the clock).   Bella told me that her clock has a brightness control.  I had her bring it to my room so I could check it out.  I plugged in her clock and it was pretty bright.  Bella told me to press the "snooze" button and it will change the brightness.  I was pleased with her clock and the brightness setting and was all set to go online and order one just like it, but decided that I would try pressing the snooze button on my clock and see if anything happened.

And, guess what?

It worked!

In fact, I can lower the brightness to where you can barely see the time!  So, I now have a functional clock. 

Yea.  It took me a month to figure this all out.   Good thing I had lots of time on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment