Friday, January 17, 2020

My Weird Dog - A New Dog Bed

I have been eying the dog beds at work for a long time now.  OK.  Since I started working there.  RT kept telling me to just pick one out and buy it.  I decided to hold out and wait until they were marked down.  There was a HUGE pile of dog beds in the back room (piled up to the ceiling) that didn't fit out onto the floor.  I figured that eventually, they would mark them down.

Finally, the big day came.  Pippen's Lucky Day.  Some of the dog beds were marked down.  I snagged one (yes, I paid for it)  and brought it home.

I was so excited about the new dog bed.  I brought it into the house and put it where Pippen's blanket usually hangs in the family room.  I called Pippen over but he wouldn't sit on or by the bed.  Next to the bed but not on the bed.

RT came home and tried his best to get Pippen excited about the bed.  He (RT) even tried the bed by laying down on it.  When I walked in to the room, Pippen got up and went down into the basement.

Yea.  We clipped his nails this past weekend and if we both are with him in the family room and giving him attention, he gets nervous and thinks we are going to clip his nails.

Yea.  Weird.

I put the pillow on the floor by my side of the bed.  Pippen wedged himself between the pillow and the nightstand.  I'm pretty sure he was uncomfortable all night because he kept getting up and changing positions.

The next day I washed the cover of the dog bed.  I thought maybe Pippen was picking up another dog's smell.  I put it in the family room and, again, Pippen ignored it.

When RT came home, he got Pippen to put an elbow on the pillow.  When I came over, Pippen got up and went down to the basement.

I'm hoping once all of the excitement about the new bed wears off Pippen will be able to finally enjoy it.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment