Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Country Music

I mentioned that at work they play a lot of Country Music.  In fact, it's the same music set every day.  I've listened to it for the last few months and know which song will play next.  I found out that there are other approved music sets/stations the store can listen to, but, never get played because the store manager likes country music.

I've learned a lot about country music these last few months and thought I would share that with you so you can write a successful country music song.  I have nothing against country music.  I guess over the years I haven't listened that closely to the words of these songs.  Now that I have nothing to do  am forced to listen to  I'm listening to the same songs at work, I now have time to hear and meditate on each word.

First of all, in every song, the singer is a no good, down on his luck individual.  He is trying to win the heart of a woman who is perfect in every way (in other words, an angel).  This angel has been sent to him to save him and his soul and do everything for him.  Oh, and the singer also drives a pick up truck.

And, you definitely have to mention whiskey in your song.  If you do not mention it, the song will go no where and no one will listen.

And, somebody's lips need to taste like whiskey or sangria (<there's a song with that line, "Your lips taste like sangria").

Hopefully I have motivated you to do a little research and listen to some country music.  Who knows, after a few shots of whiskey  downing a big jug of sangria  crashing your pick up truck  maybe you will be inspired to write your own country song.

No comments:

Post a Comment