Friday, January 3, 2020

My Weird Dog

I ran a quick errand, returned home and decided to park the car on the driveway.  As I was getting out of the car, I could hear two dogs going at each other.  A real good dog fight.  Something we don't usually hear in our neighborhood.  I entered the house and wondered what dogs were fighting?  As I walked into the house, I realized that I left Pippen in the yard.  That's when it hit me.  

One of those dogs fighting is probably my dog.

He was in the yard.  Our yard is fenced in.  How did he escape?  

How am I going to get out of this one and smooth things over with the other dog's owner?  I dreaded walking over to the back door.  If it is my dog, I really don't want the other dog owner to see me and swear at me  yell at me (can you tell we have had previous issues?).

As I was peeking  looking out the window, I could see Pippen running back and forth going crazy  barking along our fence.  On the other side of the fence, a dog was running back and forth barking and acting psycho just like my weird  psycho  dog.   The owner was smiling and laughing (a good sign).  One glance at psycho  Pippen and I realize his mouth is bleeding and blood is spattered on him.  Did he bite the other dog?   I notice some wood missing from the fence with a tiny bit of blood on it.  

I stepped outside and the owner said, "I hope you don't mind them playing together.  They are having so much fun together."  

He thinks they are playing when clearly my dog is bleeding and tried to bite through the fence to eat attack his dog.

I smile and mention that Pippen doesn't usually get along with other dogs.  The owner said his dog doesn't either, but they seem to like each other.  

I don't have the heart to tell him that Pippen was really just trying to attack his dog.  

He said he will probably bring his dog by so they can play again sometime.    

Again.  I didn't have a response to this one.  What does one say in a situation like this?  

"My dog is bleeding because he was trying to chew through the fence to get to your dog."  

"All he wants to do is bite and attack your dog"  

"I don't think this is play for him."

Well, maybe the guy is right and Pippen has finally made a friend.   He was biting through the fence because he wanted to get on the other side so he could play with him.  I guess we will have to wait and find out what happens next time they "play" together.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what an idiot! I probably would've done what you did, even though I'd suggest next time: take a shot of tequila, get into your best Wonder Woman pose, and tell the moron that the dogs are not playing; and if he knows what's good for him, he better keep his filthy mutt away unless he wants an ass whoopin'.

    ReplyDelete