Friday, January 10, 2020

Time to come clean......Corn Nuts

Hello.  My name is Fontaine and I'm addicted to Corn Nuts.

I find I can not buy a bag of corn nuts with out eating the entire bag.  I do try to have some self control and have been able to stop only if I hide the bag from myself.  

I'm not sure when this addiction started.  Probably with my very first purchase many, many years ago at some random gas station.  They tasted so good that I ate the entire bag.  I rarely purchase them.  Maybe on a long car trip.  Now, I have located a couple of grocery stores and a convenience store that sell them.  And, sadly, they sell them (in bulk) at my current job (I have yet to purchase these at work.)

I went on vacation and bought a small bag at the store.  I had very strong will power and only ate a few at a time.  I did, however, (eventually) finish the bag.  When I was left to myself for a half hour, the first thing I did was go to the store and buy a bag of corn nuts.  My family did not find out for a couple of days.  They caught on when they saw me munching on them at the airport.  At that point, I had to confess.  That's when I realized that I might have a problem.

I do like a healthier version of the corn nut and have tried my hand at making them myself with great success.  Here is the link, incase you want to make them on your own.  The home made version won over some of the family members.  (The ones that were allowed to tried them)

I don't think I will quit my addiction.  I will try to make more of my own corn nuts from scratch.  And, probably continue to hide it from the rest of the family as best as I can....

No comments:

Post a Comment