Friday, July 19, 2019

Vegan Diaries - Chocolate Pudding

One of the nurses recommended that I bring some pudding for my Mom.  I thought about buying pudding that is already made for convenience sake, but, then thought about all the weird  unhealthy ingredients that I might find on the label.   I even thought about buying the box mix of pudding.   I mean, it isn't that hard to follow the directions, right?  Just add water and put in the refrigerator.  I think I could handle that.  But, what is in that pudding powder?  I didn't really want to find out.

I started searching online to find an easy chocolate pudding recipe.  I then decided to add in the word "vegan."  I didn't think a vegan chocolate pudding recipe existed!  There were several entries but I found this recipe for Vegan Chocolate Pudding on Hell Yeah It's Vegan and thought I would try it.  Gotta love the name of that blog!  They have some other cool recipes over there, so, check them out!

The recipe is REALLY easy to pull together and doesn't require any special grocery shopping trips for weird, obscure ingredients.  You probably have everything on hand!

And the outcome?

Well, RT, who isn't a big pudding fan, said it was delicious.  < That's my big plug for this recipe.  That alone should get you to try it.

Here's the recipe:

Vegan Chocolate Pudding

ingredients:
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk *
1 tsp vanilla extract

directions:

In saucepan, sift together cocoa, cornstarch and sugar.
Whisk in the almond milk.  Make sure there are no lumps.
Bring mixture to a boil, whisking occasionally to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
Boil for two minutes until mixture thickens (keep whisking).
Add vanilla.
Pour into small bowls and chill until set.


*you can use regular unsweetened almond milk
*you can lower sugar.  I tried with 1/3 cup of sugar and it disappeared.  No one missed it.



If you make the pudding, let me know what you think!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment