Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Fettuccine Alfredo

I will be having several posts like this, just so I can list my recipe on my blog.  I have been slowly going through stuff and trying to get rid of what I don't want to keep forever.  I don't want to lose this recipe and I don't want to keep a cookbook for just one or two recipes, so, I thought I would add it here so I can find it in a hurry.  Also, what I don't want my kids to inherit.  A nightmare.

I make it sound like my whole house is full of stuff.  It isn't.  And, I'm just trying to keep it that way.  I like to say that it's a work in progress.

I have this cookbook that I only look at for a couple of recipes.  I have embellished this recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo.  I add garlic, broccoli and sometimes chicken.  We don't use milk like the recipe calls for.  Instead, I substitute plain almond milk and it all turns out delicious.

Here's the recipe:

Fettuccine Alfredo

ingredients:

12oz fettuccine
1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
3 TBSP butter
1 TBSP flour
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
3-5 cloves garlic, minced

directions:
Cook fettuccine according to directions.  Once cooked, drain and set aside.

In saucepan cook broccoli in small amount of water until crispy tender.  Drain and set aside.

In saucepan, melt butter.  Stir in flour until smooth.  Gradually add milk, whisking until blended.  Add garlic.  Bring to a boil, and stir until thickened.  Remove from heat and add parmesan, and broccoli.  Pour mixture over fettuccine and serve.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I usually triple this recipe and it disappears in less than 12 hours.

Feel free to add more garlic (I usually do)

Feel free to cook the broccoli with the pasta.  I drop it in after I have put the pasta in the pot.  Saves time and also it's one less pot to clean.

Again, plain, unsweetened almond milk works as a substitute for milk.

For the meat eaters, I add some cooked chicken.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment