Monday, July 8, 2019

Potato Soup

I decided to whip up a pot of Potato Soup for RT.  It's been awhile since I've made potato soup.  I know it's one of his favorites and thought I would surprise him.

This recipe isn't vegan, but, it turned out delicious and thought I would share it here.  Well, I was told that it was delicious by RT.  My food critic.  The soup disappeared, so, I'm going to believe him on this one.

Here's the recipe:


Potato Soup

ingredients:
2 1/2 TBSP of butter
1 cup diced onion
 2 1/2 cups peeled/diced potatoes
3 cups vegetable broth
1 cup thickened cream *
1 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp dried dill
salt/pepper to taste
pinch of ground cayenne

directions:
In large saucepan, melt butter.  Cook onion until soft.  Stir in potatoes and broth.  Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes (or until potatoes are soft)

Puree mixture.  Return to pot.  Stir in cream, cheese, dill, pepper, and cayenne.  Bring to a low boil, stirring until thickened.



*I used plain almond milk and all turned out well.  You can probably use plain milk if you don't have almond milk.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment